Algo 8201 Intercom
PoE Wideband IP Intercom For Door Entry Applications & Classroom / Office Communication – Outdoor Rated
The 8201 is a PoE IP intercom in a compact form factor for hands-free two-way voice communication for interior and exterior secured entrances and access points. It is also well suited for other intercom communication in classrooms and offices. The 8201 features door opening control for telephone keypad activation of entry into a secure location or entrance. The device registers as a third party SIP endpoint into a hosted or premise UC environment.
The 8201 is a one-piece PoE solution as an alternative to the popular 8028 SIP Doorphone. The intercom can be surface or flush mounted, fitting in a standard double gang electrical box. The 8201 can be used as easily indoors as out. The device offers an outdoor-rated plastic enclosure, stainless steel faceplate, conformal coated electronics, and tactile backlit call button for complete weather protection and long life in any climate.
Wideband G.722 codec support provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility for critical safety, security or emergency applications where reliable voice communication is a primary consideration.
Integration with any SIP enabled UC environment means that the 8201 can be configured to communicate with any device, phone or client that is connected to the communication network.
For maximum convenience, the 8201 allows door unlock control activated by a keypress from the answering device. This requires an optional door controller module (Algo 8061) that can be securely located away from the public facing intercom, or a internal relay on the 8201 is available for door control function with lower security.
Installation and configuration are via a simple intuitive web interface. Centralized provisioning is supported. Until registered with a SIP server, a press of the call button “speaks” the IP address enabling access to the web interface of the device using any web browser.
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity
- One piece solution alternative for the popular 8028 SIP Doorphone
- Great audio for clarity and intelligibility
- Network managed and supervised SIP endpoint
- Attractive design in dual gang form factor for applications indoors and out
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors such as: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- SNMP supervision
- Integrated relay for door opening control or 8061 module for secured relay door control
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE
- Visitor and guest communication via secured door entrance, lobby, delivery bay, etc.
- Classroom or office intercom (e.g. medical examination or patient room, lab, interview room, etc.)
- School, hospital ward or entrance, medical center, assisted living or retirement home, day care, retail delivery entrance, warehouse dock, utility, bank, professional office, hotel or resort, casino, etc.
8201 SIP PoE Intercom Specifications
||48 V PoE IEEE 802.3af Class 0 (Max 6 W – Idle nominal 2 W).
||4.5” x 4.5” x 1.34” (11.5 cm x 11.5 cm x 3.4 cm).
||0.9 lb (.41 kg).
||G.711 A-law, G.711 u-law, G.722.
||Primary, secondary, tertiary.
||Linux OS; ARM Cortex-A8 32-Bit RISC Processor.
||Normally open or normally closed. Max rating 30 V 50 mA.
||Web interface (HTTP or HTTPS) or autoprovisioning server.
||TFTP, FTP, HTTP
||STUN, CRLF Keep Alive.
||-40 to 104 deg F (-40 + 40 degC) 10-95% RH non-condensing.
||EN60950:2001, IEEE 802.3-2008, RFC3261, RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada).